You are reading documentation for Twine 1. This is maintained for archival purposes only.
There are two kinds of files that Twine works with:
- Story: Editable versions opened with Twine;
- Output: Read-only versions opened in a web browser; a
- File -> Save Story and File -> Save Story saves Story.
- File -> Open Story opens a Story
- Build -> "Build Story..." creates an HTML file
- Build -> Rebuild Story updates the last build with any latest content
- Build -> Test opens the Story in a debugging mode
- Build -> "Test Play from Here..." opens the Story in a debugging mode from the currently selected passage